5 Quick Fixes to Make Your Windows Computer Run Faster
So, your computer isn’t running as fast as it used to. It’s slower. It freezes. It causes more problems than it helps with. There are countless reasons why this would happen, but here are a few of the top things that the list of why your computer could be acting up.
Top 5 Quick Fixes to make your Windows Computer Run Faster:
- How to Fix Slow Start Up: There are a variety of reasons for a Windows computer to take a while while starting up. If you’re trying to speed up the process to make your Windows computer run faster, go to Run, type msconfig and hit enter. Under the “Start Up” tab, uncheck the unwanted programs and press OK. Next time you start up, your windows computer should be running faster.
- What’s with the slow loading “My Computer” Window: If the “My Computer” Window loads slowly, this is an easily fixable problem. In the Explorer Window, go to Tools > Folder Options > View and uncheck “Automatically search for network folders and printers.”
- How to stop a slow-loading “Add or Remove Programs Applet:” To fix this problem you can use either the all-in-one CCleaner, or you can purchase MyUninstaller, which comes as a great replacement for Add or Remove programs.
- Disable Animations and Appearance Overhauls to Maximize Performance: Go to System Properties in the Control Panel. Click “Advanced,” then “Performance” and click “Adjust for best performance.” This will help boost your PC’s performance.
- Remember: Less means more. Overall, the less programs running on your computer the best. Be sure to check out your system Tray. This essentially means reducing the number of programs that start during Windows Start Up.
Remember that when it comes to finding quick fixes to make your Windows computer run faster, there sometimes aren’t any. That’s when it’s time to call your local Computer Troubleshooters franchise to get the professional expertise your computer requires to make your Windows Computer run faster.